This is an opportunity for a highly motivated person to join a small team, working directly with the founders on planning and executing a marketing strategy that involves content marketing, paid customer acquisition and social media marketing.
MixBloom, is a social media content curation and writing service for startups and high growth businesses (and agencies..).
We help business owners grow their social media presence, drive more traffic to their website and reach new customers with social media.
We do it by providing a constant stream of social media content carefully selected for them, through a mix of our own software and services.
MixBloom is a new business and is a great opportunity for the person hired to execute a marketing strategy from scratch.
We also work on a second SaaS business, MobiLoud, helping site owners and publishers publish mobile apps with their content. You’ll have an opportunity to work on marketing this business as well.
So what’s the job about?
We’re looking for someone who is highly motivated to build their skills in digital marketing, acquiring the same valuable knowledge every business, small or big, needs to have to be able to grow leveraging online channels.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Plan, research and write high quality, in depth articles for our blogs
- Work with the founding team and collaborators to drive our content marketing work
- Promote our content by creating partnerships with third party blogs and online publications
- Help in the ongoing creation and management of paid social media marketing campaigns, working with another expert in the team
- Look for new ideas we can apply to grow traffic and sales, using the assets we are building and creating new ones
What you’ll be working on, day to day:
- Coordinate our efforts in off-site content marketing: guest posting, content partnerships, interviews on other podcasts
- Come up with content ideas for articles and lead magnets, free resources and other content
- Perform keywords research for all our content
- Write long-form articles and social media posts to promote them
- Identify opportunities and coordinate the work to promote our content on third party platforms and websites
- Create graphics and write the copy for new social media ads
- Manage the marketing calendar for both brands
- Measure the effectiveness of our campaigns
- Find interesting new tactics and non-obvious opportunities for promoting our content or services
Why you should be interested in this role:
- Opportunity to work on two different brands, work side by side with the founders
- Gain valuable experience kickstarting a marketing effort for a new brand
- Space to come up with your own original ideas and implement them
- Work independently and with as little supervision you’ll need
- See the impact of your work on the outcomes of two businesses
- Freedom of working where and when you want with an 8 hours/day schedule you decide
You’re someone smart and self motivated. You love solving problems.
You love to write and using words to get big or small ideas across. That’s what the job is about. From convincing someone to partner up, to writing great ad copy and articles, you’ll spend most of your time writing.
You’re autonomous and get things done. You don’t wait for approval or confirmations when you know your work will help achieve the company’s goals.
You’ve demonstrated this attitude by building something yourself. It doesn’t matter what, but you’ve put something out in the world before and it’s likely something you really enjoyed doing.
You know HTML/CSS/WordPress or have at least played around with it. You’ve used all the main social networks.
How we work
We’re a remote team spread around the world. We enjoy this way of working and the freedom it affords all of us. We collaborate daily mainly using chat and awesome, simple tools like Trello.
We care about the people working with us and aim to build long-lasting relationships with anyone who will join the company. For this, personality fit on top of skills is key.
We’re looking for smart, independent and creative people who want to build something great, take decisions independently and make an impact on a small business and its customers.
Your working hours
We will decide together on a work schedule that works for you based on your life and priorities.
You can work from wherever you want and whenever you want.