MixBloom is a social media content service for startups and high growth businesses. We help business owners grow their social media presence, drive more traffic to their website and reach new customers with social media. We do it by providing a constant stream of social media content carefully selected for them.
On top of helping businesses directly, we also work with agencies and social media managers to help them with content curation and social media writing, so they never run out of content for their clients and can focus on growing their freelancing or agency business.
We’re looking for a creative writer and editor, interested in social media, business, startups and entrepreneurship, to work with us as a contractor on a part-time basis, coming up with interesting new content ideas, managing our content plan around the themes relating to our business: starting a business, bootstrapping, small business and startup marketing, content marketing, growth tactics, social and content strategy, social media tools and more.
Key prerequisite: you absolutely love writing and sharing knowledge, you’re keen to up your game and improve. You accept feedback and are interested in growing beyond writing/editing into a managerial role.
Your main responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the founding team to create and deliver a creative editorial strategy that supports our business goals with high quality content
- Managing the ongoing production of content from our internal team of writers and external collaborators
- Write the most important articles, prepare content outlines for our writers
What you’ll be working on, day to day:
- Researching new blog topics
- Assigning work to our writers
- Coordinating the promotion of our completed articles
- Researching publications we can collaborate with and cross-promote content with
- Posting to online communities, Q&A sites and others to share our content or its main messages
- Defining and coordinating outreach to blog and site owners
- Hiring and coordinating our writing team
- Publishing articles and maintaining our content calendar
- Sending newsletters to our customer base and subscribers
- Research reposting opportunities
- Conduct content roundups of experts
How we work
We’re a remote team spread around the world. We enjoy this way of working and the freedom it affords all of us. We collaborate daily mainly using chat (Slack/Skype) and awesome, simple tools like Trello.
We care about the people working with us and aim to build long-lasting relationships with anyone who will join the company. For this, personality fit on top of skills is key. We’re looking for smart, independent and creative people who want to build something great, take decisions independently and make an impact on a small business and its customers.
Your working hours
We will decide together on a work schedule that works for you based on your life and priorities. You can work from wherever you want and whenever you want. We like to find responsible people and let them do their job autonomously.